The blue sands of Tuskar Vool are the subject of many a poets verse and minstrels song. When the long forgotten heroes cut the throat of Vool so many hundreds of years ago it is said that the great demons indigo lifeblood flowed for seven days and seven nights, forever staining the sandy shores of the river Crux.
It's rumored that the first to take advantage of the sands demonic properties was the Alchemist living deep within Calthur's Wood. It's a wonder he didn't go mad sooner. His most successful endeavor (besides realizing that local orphans made excellent cheap labor) was to mix the sand in a boiling vat of dragons blood, combined with the heartstrings of poisoned rats and stirred for three moons with a single spike of a Manticore's tail. What he produced was a pure concoction of demonic ecstasy. A potion that when sipped gave the imbiber unbelievable strength and agility for days on end.
Most unlike the crude cocktail sold in the Voolian underground these days. A mockery of the Alchemists endeavors- Grit, as it is now called, is a popular (and most unstable) drug used by adventurers. It is often sold as a loose powder, as the preferable application is to rub the compound into open wounds when times are dire.
Taking a dose of Grit is like getting kicked in the chest by a 6 legged mule*.
When a dose is taken, roll 2d6 + CON mod on this table.
2. Your eyes become shallow blue pools, never to see again. You have seen the terrible face of the long dead Vool. It's pretty much all you talk about. Will save 15 Vs. Insanity.
3. Your system rejects the drug. Your blood begins to boil and you must make a FORT save 15 or take 4d6 Bloodfire Damage.
4. You puke up a lesser demon. It hates you so much.
5-9. You suffer some form of demonic mutation. Roll on whatever table you have for these sort of things.
10. Your skin begins to harden into a carapace, making you immune to the next 3 physical hits you receive. Upon the third hit the carapace shatters.
11. You feel the surge of life in your tired and broken body. Gain 10 HP and add 2 to your STR and DEX mods for 2d6 rounds.
12. You enter a berserk rage. The walls of perception begin to crumble as your enemies take on the forms of the oldest demons. and you the form of their executioner. Your STR and DEX mods are both increased by 5 and you gain 10 Temporary HP. When your enemies fall, you turn on your friends (who all look like enemies) unless you make a WILL save of 15. When making the save, add your friends Charisma Mod to the final roll. You may attempt to save every 1d6 rounds.
Each dose of Grit taken risks addiction. Roll a FORT save of 10 the first time you use, and increase the DC by 2 every time after. Once addicted, your Constitution score is the number of days you can go without a dose.
The gutters of Tuskar Vool are choked with demon beggars.
*Six legged mules or Muules, can be bought from a kindly dwarven muule breeder in the Voolian marketplace.